Growing in Love, Community, Worship & Service
Since its establishment on December 12, 1973, St. Jude's Church has provided a home for our Eucharistic Lord for the entire community. The following are opportunities that our parish provides for you to know, love, and serve the Lord, as the light of Jesus continues to shine to others.
As each one has received a gift,
- Adopt-A-Garden provides for the planting and upkeep of the various Parish gardens.
- Altar Servers are students from fourth grade through High School who assist at liturgies.
- Boy Scout Troop #163 aids young men in becoming good citizens.
- Buildings and Grounds Committee provides all maintenance of the Church, Parish Center, and Rectory.
- Children's Mass Ministry plans a special monthly children's Mass.
- Christmas Fair brings together the talents of many people to display and sell their handmade crafts.
- Columbiettes are a Catholic women's organization.
- Food Pantry collects food at the Sunday Offertory and distributes it to the needy.
- Fun and Fellowship Committee plans parish social activities for the spirit of community.
- Healing Shawl Ministry members knit and crochet shawls for people in need of comfort and healing. Monthly meetings include time spent in spiritual reflection.
- Home and School Association strives to improve the appreciation of Catholic Education.
- Hospitality Committee provides refreshments once a month after Mass to enhance community among parishioners.
- Italian Festival is a fun-filled carnival to promote community and fellowship.
- Knights of Columbus is a fraternal organization of Catholic men serving the community.
- Lectors represent the laity in the liturgy by personally proclaiming the Word of the Lord.
- Little Rock Scripture deepens the understanding of God's Word to His people.
- Liturgy Committee enhances worship through the Mass, special programs, and music selections.
- Men's Bible Study meets on Saturday mornings.
- Mission Committee provides our sister parish in Whitley City, KY, with necessities from various drives throughout the year.
- Music Ministry uplifts the community's singing during all liturgical celebrations.
- Newcomer Welcome Ministry makes personal contact with families new to the parish.
- Parish Nurse Program promotes health and wellness in the parish.
- Parish Pastoral Council advises the clergy about the needs and concerns of the entire parish community.
- Prayer Lay Ministry offers intercessory group prayers and individual prayer.
- Pre-Baptism Program prepares parents to raise their children in the Catholic faith.
- Religious Education provides religious enrichment for our children from pre-school through eighth grade, as well as Sacramental programs of Reconciliation, Eucharist, and Confirmation.
- Retired Priest Ministry enables parishioners to pray for and communicate with priests who have served our diocese.
- R.C.I.A. (Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults) prepares adults to receive the necessary Sacraments to become members of the Catholic faith.
- St. Jude School offers our children an excellent education from nursery school through eighth grades, as well as a firm foundation in our religion.
Scripture Study: Walking Toward Eternity, Making choices for Today
meets on Wednesday evenings to learn how to use scripture(Lectio Divina) to encounter Jesus in mediation and prayer. In January, this study will be offered on Wednesday mornings.
Scripture Study: Catholicism: Journey to the heart of the Faith
meets on Wednesday mornings to deepen our understanding of our faith. In January, the Catholicism series will be held on Thursday evenings.
Scripture Study for Teens: Word of God, Speak
meets on Sunday evenings with time for reflection/prayer, discussion.
Scripture Study: Quick Study Bible Timeline is held periodically. See bulletin for details. It is a shortened Bible Timeline with less detail and homework. It is an excellent first step for a busy adult (or teen).
Scripture Study: Bible Flicks a Bible Seminar Series for home viewing or listening, delivered to your home. No cost to borrower.
- Senior Citizens Group gathers once a month for a social, video, and chat with Monsignor.
- Social Concerns visits the sick of the parish in hospitals and convalescent homes.
- Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion assist the priest at the liturgy and bring Communion to the sick and the homebound of the Parish.
- Ushers assist the various needs of the congregation at liturgical functions.
- Youth Ministry, open to all students in grades 7-12, provides social, spiritual, educational activities for our future adults.
use it to serve one another
as good stewards of God's varied grace.
1 Peter 4:10
St. Jude Homepage |